[thelist] rentacoder.com

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Jul 28 13:10:02 CDT 2003

[snip]
There are all kinds of side issues that go along with this issue, but it
most assuredly is not an issue of technology. Nobody or nothing is
ripping web/software development up, or even threatening it. The
issue is available freelance/contract work and the rates it is sold at.
[/snip]

Not to mention the potential client him/her/self. "We have a very
limited budget, can you do it for $5 an hour?" Some dev's accept the
work for fear of starvation all the while thinking "I'll make it up on
the next contract or when the economy gets better." The truth is that
the work has become undervalued and it started when potential customers
started thinking, "Hey, that Internet boom is over, so we can get work
done cheaply now."

As they say, everyone has their price.