[thelist] rentacoder.com

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 14:16:27 CDT 2003

Steve...

I tend to agree with what you've said...

However, I would also point out that the quality of the software and the
underlying processes coming from overseas is improving at a serious rate...
It's going to only get better/worse..depending on how you view the issue...

I would also agree with you with your assessment that the top/major apps
required to run a business are likely to stay close to home... But I would
add that I believe you're going to see more apps coming from overseas and
from Open Source that will affect the software biz....

Think about it for a sec... the affect of Linux/Apache/Perl/PHp/etc... could
easily have started in India.. and these have had major ramifications on the
software biz...

And not only that.. but there appears to be a different mindset with some in
India... Right now, we're setting up a biz structure and we're going to need
developers. When we've approached some developers in the US.. We've had
little to no interest in starting something with sweat equity... However, in
India, we've had responses that have been positive... Now, the vetting
process might produce few who are qualified.. but we'll see...  We would
love/like to find guys in the US.. but they don't seem to be around....

Anyway.. my $0.02 worth....

Peace...

Bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net

ps... To the Joshua post... If you produce a seriously good quality work,
and the customer's really happy with what you've done... then you can pretty
well find a way to make a living.... regardless of the biz...assuming that
customers want what you're selling!!!!!!