[thelist] CSS: a.class:hover - handeling line breaks

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 28 16:47:19 CDT 2003

> How can I make this line indent, AND keep both lines within the same <a>
tags?

> And also, here's one more caviot...  I'd like to keep the two
> lines "Parent
> Company" and "C&H Chemical" together... in other words, no line height
> between them?

To solve both of your problems and to enhance your markup, making it more
semantic, I suggest giving this article a read through:
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/taminglists/

This will indent everything the same, and if you adjust the padding between
each <li>, you can have Parent Company and C&H together, on different lines,
with no line-height problem (use the padding of each list element instead of
line-height).

Hope this helps and if not, post any follow up questions!

ted