[thelist] rentacoder.com

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 18:03:33 CDT 2003

(the following is somewhat tongue in cheek!!!)

ok...

i've finished wiping my eyes from laughter...!!!

but seriously... if i understand it correctly..you basically want to force
me to pay more for the software that i can get...ok..no prob....

and by the way..are you willing to pay more for your clothes that you get
from walmart/etc...

are you willing to pay more for the things that you get that cost less
because they come from beyond the US, than what they would cost if made
here....

do i need to continue.... not to mention the trade wars that would erupt...
look intelligence.. and the ability to spread/capitalize on intelligence is
a truly remarkable happening.... enjoy it... use it... but taxing it is not
the way to go...

just remember...one could also take your argument and argue that someone
should really "pay" fair value for Apache/Linux.... but who gets paid... or
should we write a check to microsoft when we get a copy of linux because
they were "hurt", given that we didn't buy Windows!!!!

and remember, that i could arguer, that since i can get some apps from
someone for $8.00/hr.. that developers have been overcharging me for
awhile!!! who wins in the argument....

and while we're at it... if you impose a higher fee on goods that come into
the US... what would happen if a foreign country made you lower the cost you
charged for your software..... as implausible as it sounds..you'd be
pissed...

hate to tell you this... but you need to refine your thought process.. i
understand what you're trying to get at... but it needs to be tighter!

but you know something.. you might try to put a "made in the usa" stamp on
your code/apps/sites you develop.... you might just get the software
association to come out with a US software seal of approval!!!

and you might get kathie lee to sing God Bless America during the initial PR
campaign to make it happen!!! sorry.. i'm laughing again!!!

good luck trying...

stranger things have happened!!!

peace...

bruce