[thelist] is_null php

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 18:52:48 CDT 2003

--- "Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com> wrote:

> Maybe you should change from looking for NULL to looking for
> empty() and
> store "" in the blank/NULL fields. (I only suggest this because I
> have
> never tried to use NULL and I don't understand what it means
> completely so I just don't bother with it.)

I'd prefer not to do that, myself. There's already a mechanism in
place that will tell me if a value is there. Plus I think the ""
method has its own issues - what if I accidentally get a space in
that field? So I have to check for that, and so on.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward