[thelist] None

Jan Davies janimonkey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 03:47:25 CDT 2003

My bad. Soz.  Stripped it down and put back together indistiquishable from
original and it worked no problem.  Absolutely no idea why.  Soz again.

Many thx :)
sleepy J

hanks Greg but  a sleepless red-bull-fuelled night of taking it apart,
element by element and putting it back together in an indisquishable
duplicate found it working.  I have absolutely no idea why - must have
missed a semi-colon somewhere or something.  But thanks again and sorry for
the false alert.

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:46  PM, Jan Davies wrote:

>I'm a newbie with question that I'm sure has a really obvious answer but I
>just can't work it out.  I can't seem to get Netscape 7.0 (or 6.0) to
>display my styles for links.  I've tried it on several machines (and on
>Mac) but it only displays the colors designated in Preferences >
>Appearances > Colors > Link Colors , regardless of whether or not "use
>colors specified by the web page" is ticked.  However other people's web
>pages seem to override this without using " !important " declaration (which
>I don't use).    How can I get around this?  Please excuse me if I'm asking
>something really obvious.  Thanks.

Hi Jan,

could you post a link to the page that you are working on and the CSS
that controls it? That way someone can make a stab at a solution.

Regards,
Gregory Wostrel