[thelist] Favourite email clients anyone?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jul 30 11:00:38 CDT 2003

David Bindel <mailto:dbindel at austin.rr.com>
    on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 8:38 AM said:

> In the main window, go the the View menu -> Current View, and then
> check "By Conversation Topic."
>
> The messages in the folder you currently have selected will then be
> displayed in a threaded view.

I know this threading topic has come up pretty often but I never paid
much attention to it because for the longest time I used Outlook 2000
which didn't seem to support threading. At least it didn't appear so to
me.

My reason for posting is that at some point (in a past thread) I
remember someone saying that Exchange or Outlook strips some kind of
header that is required to do proper conversation threading. Is this
true and does anyone know what I'm talking about?

The reason I ask is because my Outlook 2002 is connected to an Exchange
server and I'd like to know which program does the header stripping (if
any of them actually do at all).

Thanks,
Chris.