Should you go against your Client? (Was: [thelist] Message Archive -MySQL)

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Wed Jul 30 11:13:54 CDT 2003

> Um, shouldn't you leave this? You Client has expressly said this,
> and you seem to be proposing to go behind his back against him.

I would advise the client of the pros & cons, then abide by their
decision.  I have a client who periodically suggests archiving and
deleting old data, and when I demonstrate that the old data is not
what's slowing down the system, and point out that they will lose
immediate access to old order data, they always back off.