[thelist] [DNS] Free Tip

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Thu Jul 31 15:33:28 CDT 2003

<quote who="Joshua Olson">

> On my domain I have one extra DNS server entry pointing to everydns.net.
> That is the only one working at the moment... thank goodness I added

I heard they SUCK! (Whoops!)

Actually, I we had a registrar problem the other day which could have been
way more serious than it was.  Afterwards however it got me thinking...we
would be MUCH safer if I had people use:

ns.everydns1.net
ns.everydns2.net
ns.everydns1.com
ns.everydns1.com

If I had those domains registered with different registrars, the diversity
of the registrars, the TLDs, and the multiple NS entries would be *really*
good.  I might set it up, especially since internic now allows multiple
host records for one IP.

This method throws out good `glue` practice, but by using third-party DNS
you are doing that anyways, so I think I might just set it up.

thoughts?

-davidu