[thelist] DNS Help

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Fri Aug 1 05:46:30 CDT 2003

I am in the process of transferring a domain, but I've run into
a doubt, which I hope somebody can clear up for me....
(I am a complete moron on this DNS thing...)

The domain is currently hosted by a particular registrar and
points to a particular website (thru the DNS www entry) and
to specific mail servers (thru the DNS MX entry)...

Now we need to repoint the WWW entry without modifying
the MX entry (since the mail servers remain the same).

The new hosting provider, wants to host the DNS so they
have asked me to do a domain transfer to them.  Does this
mean that only the DNS www entry gets transferred? Can
I leave the MX entry with the registrar ?
I really want to be careful here as I dont want to ruin my
customers email flow when the domain is being transferred...

thanks in advance

--Ashok
http://unganisha.org