[thelist] DNS Help

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri Aug 1 09:50:18 CDT 2003

[Ashok Hariharan wrote (listman at hazard0us.org) on 8/1/03 5:46 AM]

> The new hosting provider, wants to host the DNS so they
> have asked me to do a domain transfer to them.  Does this
> mean that only the DNS www entry gets transferred? Can
> I leave the MX entry with the registrar ?
> I really want to be careful here as I dont want to ruin my
> customers email flow when the domain is being transferred...

make sure that your new host will set the right mx for you in their dns and
that your registrar will allow you to still use their email even though you
are not using their dns.

also, if the new host really wants you to "transfer" your domain to them,
that would imply a change in registrar from the current one to them. but
what is suspect you mean to say is that the new host wants to host dns for
your domain, which is very different.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738