[thelist] A question about Privacy settings

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Fri Aug 1 10:42:05 CDT 2003

Hello,

Just a quick question here to hopefully educate myself regarding the
security of different internet privacy settings.

In Internet Explorer, how much of a security risk is run by changing the
Privacy Setting to Low from its default of Medium? Also, what is the main
difference between the two settings?

I have a hosting company that requires users to change their privacy
settings to low (or below) in order for the application I am developing to
work. (It sits within their ecommerce framework and passes various
variable values to a flash application that I have developed - but without
a low or below privacy setting, the values are not being passes)

Thank you once again

--
Chris Johnston

chris at fuzzylizard.com