[thelist] Uninstalling Internet Explorer

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 04:07:10 CDT 2003

Hi.

I'm running IE5.5.

Due to various system/hardware problems, some of its
files seem to have become corrupted. In any case, it
makes a lot of trouble every time I run it.

Re-installing the program over itself has not helped.
Apparently setup sees files in place and doesn't know
their corrupted or damaged. Therefore it just installs
what it thinks is necessary. The problems remain.

I wanted to uninstall it and re-install 5.5 from
scratch, or install 6. BUT I can't seem to get rid of
the current installation. Add/Remove programs does not
have an uninstall option (just add component, repair,
or restore previous configuration).

I've searched all over the place for an uninstall
file, but can't find one anywhere. If there is one, it
seems to be well hidden.

Anybody know how I can get the thing off my disk so I
can try a clean installation?

Thanks.

David