[thelist] site check - Our Hearts Entwine

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Aug 4 05:52:28 CDT 2003

>Working on a new project of my own with my fiancee, and I'd love to have
some feedback.
http://OurHeartsEntwine.com/
Mostly interested in technicals: code quality, usability and navigation,
>readability.

Hi Joel:
Couple of things:
1. Did a W3C validator check on the Home page (only) and you need to close your <p> tag at line 85.

2. In your navigation, your title tag for About Us needs correction; now reads ... title="link to Pricing Information">About Us</a>

3. I'm getting a wee bit of horizontal scroll at 1024x768.

>But if you have opinions about colors and fonts and such, feel free.

It's a well-thought-out, easy-to-navigate site with a lovely sentimental "feel" to it. I did, however, have difficulty reading the text on each page as it's all uppercase and I felt myself "picking my way through" each paragraph as I was reading. Perhaps leave the <h2>s and "poem" class as is and use another font (upper/lower case) for the "homepagetext" class? And, same for successive pages.

And, congratulations to you and Sue on your own upcoming wedding!! How exciting!!!

Best,
Sharon