[thelist] Break my css page please

Jon Dodd jon at bunnyfoot.com
Mon Aug 4 09:49:09 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I've just bashed together a page template using CSS (no tables).

I have tried to incorporate some of the stylish elements a designer wanted but by using borders, backgrounds, list images etc.

I have tried to avoid hacks at this stage but am not adverse to putting them in as long as it gets the job done.

Would you be so kind as to take a look on your platforms and show me any breakdowns. It should work to quite narrow window sizes until the absolutes start causing hassles (I wanted to use floats but also wanted to be able to change positions in alternative stylesheets so what can you do?)

The page is at www.jondodd.co.uk

Screenshots are supplied showing what I hope it kinda looks like
The html page is there
A link to the css is there also

When you spot a break if you could describe it, your platform, and (if you know the fix) then how I fix it I would be really grateful.

If you are interested then I will post the finished template and explain the fixes

Many thanks for all your help

Jon

PS I will accomotate level 4 browsers to a certain extent but they will get the link to the info on compliance etc.
PPS thanks for the 'greek' (from lemurzone) - I hear it originated from here.