[thelist] quicktime 360 degree pictures filesize

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Aug 4 16:41:15 CDT 2003

Hi.

I'm planning to make 360 degree rotational pictures/movies* for all
(most anyway) of the products on our site but before I do that I'd like
to get an idea of how large the files are going to be.

I'm thinking the average size will be approximately 200-300 x 200-300.
That is to say, 200-300 pixels wide by 200-300 pixels tall. I'm also
thinking 12-16 frames per picture. (Is that too few?)

Also assuming about 20-25% compression. 100% being the ugliest picture
and 0% being the prettiest (or most handsome if you prefer) picture.

I did a little googling on the subject but came up dry.

Can someone give me an idea of about how big a file like that would be?

Thanks,
Chris.

* I don't know if that is the correct term, but these are not the
panoramic pictures where it looks like you're standing in the center of
a room and looking around. Instead it's the kind of picture you'd see in
a used car commercial where the car is on a platform spinning around so
that you can see all the sides without moving.