[thelist] IE5 testing and copyright question

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 5 00:53:11 CDT 2003

> > http://www.martinmotorsportsinc.com/

> The text is significantly smaller between IE5.5 and Opera 7.0 (No Moz or
> IE6, sorry), but it is resizable so that should be a minor concern. At my
> default IE font size though, the copyright notice at the bottom
> is unreadable.

Ok, I've gotten rid of all of my font-sizes with em's and switched those to
relative sizes and corrected for IE5. Hopefully this will fix the font-size
difference problem. Please let me know if this worked.

> "All logos copyright their respective owners". I've also seen some sites
> which explicitly identify each logo and its owner.

Ah, yes that was the phrase I was looking for, too simple to remember :)
Thanks!

> The grey on grey is somewhat hard to read. Specifically the copyright
> notice and the smaller body text on the Performance page.

Ok, I've adjusted the contrast with these and it should be better now. As
for the copyright, that was done on purpose, to make it sort of fade into
the background, since for the average user, it doesn't need to attract
their eye.

> You've got a typo on there too. "Suspsension" - third bullet
> point, second box.

Ah, great catch. Weird how CSE HTMLValidator didn't catch that, or maybe
I missed that warning. Ah well.

Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated!
ted