[thelist] quicktime 360 degree pictures filesize

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Tue Aug 5 07:34:03 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 05:41  PM, Chris W. Parker wrote:

> I'm planning to make 360 degree rotational pictures/movies* for all
> (most anyway) of the products on our site but before I do that I'd like
> to get an idea of how large the files are going to be.
>
> I'm thinking the average size will be approximately 200-300 x 200-300.
> That is to say, 200-300 pixels wide by 200-300 pixels tall. I'm also
> thinking 12-16 frames per picture. (Is that too few?)
>
> Also assuming about 20-25% compression. 100% being the ugliest picture
> and 0% being the prettiest (or most handsome if you prefer) picture.
>
> I did a little googling on the subject but came up dry.
>
> Can someone give me an idea of about how big a file like that would be?

Hi Chris,

I can't answer your file size question exactly but here is where to go
for more information:

Basic starting point at Apple:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtvr/

Tutorials Page:
http://www.letmedoit.com/qtvr/qtvr_online/course_index.html

QTVR Objects (which is what you are talking about - rather than
panoramas) tutorial:
http://www.letmedoit.com/qtvr/qtvr_online/Mod3/m3.html

BTW, I think that QT is the way to go here. Much more mature and
sophisticated than those other programs suggested.

Good Luck,
Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity