[thelist] ASP - Regular Expressions

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 12:25:27 CDT 2003

Hi burgan,

Tuesday, August 5, 2003, 3:13:37 PM, you wrote:
> Nah nothing's working.

> By the way i'm trying to make entries like "--text" and "text--" return
> false.. but i'm also trying to make "-text" and "text-" return FALSE.

> Code like "t-ext" or "te-xt" etc is what I want to return TRUE.

I still don't understand the exact problem. Is the length of the
string restricted in any specific way? Are two hyphens next to each
other allowed even if the hyphens are not at the start or end?

If you provide a larger set of examples it would be easier to help you
with the correct regular expression.

--
http://simon.incutio.com/