Fw: [thelist] Can you open a url with a cgi script?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Aug 5 18:23:49 CDT 2003

I was saying:

>On another note, regarding this issue:
>That is not really a solution. It may fix it, but I don't know anybody who
<would be willing to do that sort of thing other than people like us. (And
<I'm actually one of the unwilling.)
<Sadly, the bottom line is that your pre-fixed view through your browser
<with all the broken images is what most people are likely to see.

I can't test it, but I'm pretty sure making the images unique on the page
should solve the problem.
spacer.gif?1
spacer.gif?2
spacer.gif?3
etc

The question mark forces the browser not to load from cache, the first time,
so I think they should load.
It'd be a good job for an intern, making spacers unique in hundreds of pages
:)

Cheers,
Richard.