[thelist] [Security] Any security risks with Low privacy settingin IE?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Wed Aug 6 08:10:23 CDT 2003

Perhaps I need to clarify what I am looking for. I believe that using a
Privacy setting of Low in IE and allowing third pary cookies onto your
computer is a security risk. Every tech person I talk to agrees with me.
However, I need to convince a company that I am dealing with that it
imposes a security risk to their users.

Therefore, what I am looking for are articles that will back up this
claim. Specifically, I am looking for articles that outline in detail
*exactly* why this imposes a security risk, what that risk is, and the
potential dangers that third party cookies represent.

I understand what the setting mean, but that is not enough proof and/or
evidence. I need expert opinion from trusted sources outlining the risks
and detailing why a company should not be asking its users to lower their
Privacy settings.

--
Chris Johnston

chris at fuzzylizard.com