[thelist] "blank" page problem with IIS5 server and IE5

M.G. Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Thu Aug 7 08:26:56 CDT 2003

El jue, 07-08-2003 a las 07:19, persia at mail.vicnet.net.au escribió:
> Hi
>
> My organisation is migrating some web pages from a Unix server to an IIS5
> server. We've noticed that pages often fail to load in IE5.0 & 5.5 (not a
> problem in IE6) - all you get is a blank white page. Refreshing brings up
> the page as per usual.

Hi,

When i found this problem before, it seemed to come from IE not getting
the right content-type. Forcing the content header via php fixed it:

header("Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1");

Adapt it to your setup and probably will work

--
Manuel González Noriega
Simplelógica, construcción web @ http://simplelogica.net