[thelist] Web and Email through different providors sharing a single domain

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Thu Aug 7 14:22:08 CDT 2003

Hi.  I'm wondering if it is possible to host a domain with one ISP
and get email on the same domain through another ISP. ie.:

ISP 1:  Website  - mysite.com
ISP 2: Email - joe at mysite,com

Both would share the same domain name.

What I am trying to avoid is passing (a lot of) company email through
ISP 1's web server, which has a mail server, but cannot handle a
large mail load.  Redirection via the Alias's would mean that the
mail still passes through, so is not a good option.

Does anyone have sugestions on if this is possible, and if so, how to
approach it?

Tech support at my ISP is telling me it is not possible because the
dns mx records points only to the web server.

Thanks in advance.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com