[thelist] php: how to reselect a checkbox on page reload

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Sat Aug 9 12:00:37 CDT 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Jeff Howden wrote:
> i'm no php person, but if you're going to be using xhtml syntax for your
> <input /> tags, shouldn't your compact attributes be expanded (and
> lowercase)?
>
> <input type="checkbox" name="foo" id="foo" value="1" checked="checked" />

Yes, for sure.. I never really knew what to do with checked/selected/etc
in that context.  Somehow I knew someone would probably fault my HTML ;)

Thanks, though.. checked="checked" appeals much more to my sensibilities
than a dangling argument with no value, anyway...  While we're on that
topic... what about nowrap?  Is it now done only with CSS, or
nowrap="nowrap" ?  Further, does the value supplied even matter?

Thanks!

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/