[thelist] Project and client management tools

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Mon Aug 11 06:41:32 CDT 2003

Monday, August 11, 2003, 8:29:00 AM, Mike wrote:

MF> I was wondering if anyone had any experience with project and/or client
MF> management tools. I've looked at a couple open source (I'm not looking
MF> to shell out here) projects such as PHPCollab and Achievo but they're
MF> not exactly what I'm looking for. What I do want is a simple interface
MF> that allows me to add new clients, add projects to the clients, and add
MF> users (namely me) to work on those projects. I also want the ability to
MF> track the time I spend working in different areas. Besides that, I'm
MF> pretty much flexible. I'll be using the software in my web
MF> development/design business, so if anyone has any specific advice,
MF> that'd be a big help.

Add my name to the list. I've been looking for something like this for a
while.  Most of the suggestions that I've gotten are to customize
Outlook (not OE) to my use, however I find that since most of my work
is done on non-microsoft platforms (linux/apache/php/mysql etc.) this
doesn't work well for me. I would rather not have to go through
musical computers just to update my outlook with information relating
to a client.

Will be watching this thread carefully.

PS. Can someone tell me why my messages are always prepended with
thelist-bounce on behalf of [insert my name here] ??

--
Regards,
Burhan Khalid