[thelist] Site check

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 12:24:44 CDT 2003

> My company has just released a new version of our website -
> www.gurix.com
> All comments/ideas/criticism is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Aaron Holmes

Here's my criticism: ;o)

The text is tiny to the point of fuzzy (TFT monitor 1024*768 WinXP
IE6.0) and fixed-size. (I have cleartype *on*) and there are a lot of
text-as-graphics headings.

There are two menus (and a trail and a bottom menu) and the grey one at
the top looks out of place and seems to override the left hand menu so
I'm not sure where I am.

The context menu (left) sometimes changes, sometimes doesn't
So I get lost.

I'm lost...

I think I'd like the site to unfold a bit more with fewer menu choices
on display at any one time.

Somehow the main grey menu looks broken. like it overlapped the picture
by mistake...

Upcomming events (company) has too many m's was just one of the typo's I
spotted.

more in this quote, which made me smile, especially as I was lost at
this point:

<quote>
Interface & Human Usability Design

Communication will always remain an integral component in handling
business affairs. We at Gurix know that complex interfaces and poorly
planned designs can create stress and anxiety within potential and
current clients (often leading them to look elsewhere), and lead to poor
relationships between businesses and clients. Therefore, when
implementing electronic mediums [sort of like high tech spiritualists?]
of communication between employees or clients, it is crucial for
successful solutions to include an easy-to-use interface based upon the
personna [?] of your average user.
</quote>

Hope that helps

Sorry