[thelist] [DOM] self aware nodes?

pete pete at vex.net
Wed Aug 13 16:22:36 CDT 2003

I'm just brushing up on my client side DOM scripting, using IE6 and
VBScript. I've set up a proof of concept that allows you to add rows to a
table when you click a button, by cloning a prototype, non-visible TR and
then appending it to the TBODY.

However, once the row is in the table, I need to be able to provide the
ability to move the row up and down in the list, hopefully through a
generic subrouting that calls the swapNode method.

When I click on the button associated with the row that indicates the row
should be moved up, I need a way to figure out the ordinal of the row that
was clicked on, so I can figure out the ordinal of the row before it, and
swap them.

I'm looking for something along the lines of a this object, I think.

Pete