[thelist] [UI] Mac-Like Dock interface

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Aug 13 16:29:00 CDT 2003

Joshua Olson <mailto:joshua at waetech.com>
    on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:59 PM said:

> I'd like some feedback please on the IE only interface (other than
> "why is the first icon an 's'?)

why is the first icon an 's'? oh wait, i wasn't supposed to ask that.

Cool idea. Looks pretty good and scales real smoothly (the graphics
don't scale smoothly but the animation does).

My only gripe is that there's a funny bug/problem with the activation
area. It's hard to describe, but basically you can easily move your
mouse in the wrong place and make the letters go back to normal in an
instant and then back again. Looks kind of funny. It's almost as if
there is a 1 pixel gap between the images while they are scaling. Maybe
you could over compensate by making the actually graphic 1 pixel wider
on each side (transparent of course) and then move each graphic 1 pixel
closer to eachother? Don't know, just an idea.

Chris.