[thelist] Should browsers fix bad code?

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Tue Aug 19 03:35:37 CDT 2003

At 20:50 08/18/03, you wrote:
>If IE wasn't able to render insanely broken HTML, how would any Microsoft
>product be able to have an HTML output feature?

Hee hee! My thoughts exactly. Anyone who has had to look at MS
Word-generated HTML will agree, too, I think! You should see the "valid"
HTML that is behind the CMS at my work, though (an MS-CMS, not surprisingly)

When I plug my HTML into it, my HTML is the ONLY valid HTML in that page...
until I save it to the system, which promptly re-formats it into garbage.

Anyway, the administrative user should probably be only typing in the CMS,
not pasting in HTML! (of course, that is what they are doing if they paste
Word content into the WYSIWYG editor, but most of them probably don't know
that) (or is it RTF?)

-Jorah