[thelist] photo usage/consent question

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Tue Aug 19 09:29:32 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 06:35  AM, Andy Budd wrote:

> If you took the pictures during work, it could be argued that they own
> the copyright to those photos. If you took the photos in your free
> time then you probably own copyright.

This is also an excellent point.

Here, your employer could maintain that since you took the pictures
while in their employ (and on the clock) the photographs are a "work
made for hire" and, in fact, they own the copyright and you have no
claim to them at all. Since you are not a professional photographer and
they (I assume) had no expectation that you would be taking these
photographs it gets a little foggy.

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity