[thelist] OT: 27 Trojans in the in-box today

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Aug 19 14:14:13 CDT 2003

Holy Smokes! I received 27 trojans in my in box at an address that I never
give out, and that never receives spam.  Most had a From: of ferris.edu
with the title "Thank You" (and variations thereof). Lucky for me, I'm
security minded with all of my defence settings at "Paranoid".

Has anyone else gotten hammered?

<tip type="Anti-Virus" author="Frank Marion">

For PC users who haven't yet tried using Bayesian filtering for their spam,
I would recommend K9.

http://keir.net/k9.html

Not only does it do an excellent job of trapping spam, but as a side bonus,
it also seems to treat virus infected emails as spam. It's a extra (albeit
a soft) extra line of defence.

</tip>

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.