[thelist] PHP book for the wealth-challenged

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 14:12:19 CDT 2003

> I've seen the Wrox books (Beginning PHP, Professional
> PHP) and the O'Reilly  book (Programming PHP), but I can't decide which
> one to spend my hard-earned  cash on.

I used the Wrox book PHP4 by Argerich (?) et al, and found the basics of
the language great. But recently I tried to learn about cookies and
sessions from it and it threw me completely, it seemed to race off into
designing a system for a site with huge traffic without really covering
the basics. I often hear that Wrox books are patchy (different chapters
written by different people), and this seems to have happened to me here.

FWIW