[thelist] Re: Mac IE float: left problem

Chris Price chris.price at speed-mail.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 20:21:08 CDT 2003

> http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float.php

> http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float_min_width.php

> http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/css_class_float_width.php

> All work in windows IE 5.5 and Opera 7.01, so could some kind soul please
> have a look and let me know if any of the display works in IE Mac 5? (Any
> others too.)

The images display as lists in IE5.2(Mac) for the first 2 urls but appear in
2 rows for the 3rd.

All 3 look about right in Camino and Safari.

--

I recently downloaded IE5.2.3 for Mac which I think is going to be the last
ever. I hate it.

There's no reason to have IE on a Mac anymore. Safari is far better and in
my experience Camino's rendering is closer to IE on a PC.

Given that the Mac audience is a small percentage anyway I can't see that IE
on Mac will be worth considering within quite a short period of time.

--
Chris Price