[thelist] Maps for Commercial Web Sites

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Wed Aug 20 11:45:41 CDT 2003

Is there a map source that allows you to put a map on a web site at a
reasonable cost?  So far I have checked:

www.mapsonus.com - no maps on web pages, free links for non-commercial
sites, map services ($2000 and up) for commercial sites
www.mappoint.com - non-commercial only. "You may not modify, copy,
distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create
derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software,
products or services obtained from the MSN Sites/Services."
www.mapquest.com - no maps on web pages, free links to maps.  More
advanced, and costly services available
www.maps.yahoo.com - personal use only. "...you may copy this Data only as
necessary for your personal use..."

All I really want is a graphic on a web page showing a business location
that can be clicked for an interactive map if desired.  As best I can tell,
using a screen capture is a violation of the mapping service's copyright
even if they are attributed and linked.

Norman
www.CraftedSolutions.com
803-405-1008