[thelist] winmail.dat

Cheryl Amato camato1 at gl.umbc.edu
Thu Aug 21 10:35:32 CDT 2003

Occassionally I have a problem w/ email attachment. I work on a Mac &
often when people working on PCs send me attachments I receive them with
the winmail.dat extension & can't open them up. I've always thoiught it
was something in the way their email was set up but don't know that for
sure. Is there something I can do on my machine that will let me open them
up? Or a setting on their machine? Normally I use Pine to read email but
have even tried forwarding the email to web-based account w/ the same
results. Any suggestions?

tia
Cheryl Amato