[thelist] mySQL and the phantom database.

Peter Lowe pgl at instinct.org
Thu Aug 21 19:10:39 CDT 2003

On Aug 21, Og wrote:
> PHP and mySQL are living comfortably in their new home.  But they want to have a database, I didn't know what to tell them.  I searched numerous sites and such, lots of info on database management, I even have software to work with the database once it's here.  But unless there is a DB stork I'm at a loss.  How do I create that first baby DB?.. PHP and mySQL are counting on me.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks to all.

Basically:

	create database newdb;
	grant all privileges on newdb to username at host.example.com identified by 'apassword';
	flush privileges;

Not sure if the flush is necessary, but it used to be and I do it just
in case.

Reference:

	http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_DATABASE.html
	http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GRANT.html

 - Peter

--
The Czech Republic: Home of the world's finest beer.
Litres drunk by Czechs so far this year: 1,047,482,204.60

 - http://prague.tv/toys/beer/