[thelist] strip html etc

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Fri Aug 22 08:10:28 CDT 2003

At 09:18 PM 8/21/2003 -0500, george donnelly wrote:
>My current task is to separate the content from the presentation in about
>5000+ html pages so that it can be dumped into the new site.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences with this kind of task? Can
>anyone point me to any good practices for this?

Homesite has a function to strip all HTML tags.  You highlight a section or
"select all" then right click.  Chose selection, then strip tags.  It will
strip anchor tags, so if you want to preserve the links, you have to work
around them.

With 5000 pages, this would still be very time consuming.  There may be a
program out there with a batch processing function, but I'm not aware of any.

HTH

Kath ...  "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against its
government."  -Edward Abbey, naturalist and author (1927-1989)
Established 1995 --> www.cyber-kat.com