[thelist] Basic PHP Shopping Cart

Alex Jones alexj_list at agrussell.com
Fri Aug 22 11:50:07 CDT 2003

Howdy all,

The CMS that we've installed and added content to doesn't appear to meet
our unique needs on the shopping cart side of things. At this point I have
a couple of options: write a cart from scratch or choose a third party
cart. As we are on a very tight deadline  I am exploring the idea of a
third party cart. I would truly appreciate your recommendations for a
simple cart. I do not want/need a cart that does product management as that
is already covered by our CMS.

Requirements:
- PHP/MySQL
- Easily customized output
- Ability to define simple shipping logic: local vs. international & below
a certain price get free shipping
- Ability to provide multiple shipping options
- Ability to define tax rate based on destination state (U.S.) - VAT is not
needed
- Ability to have three full addresses (shipping, billing, delivery)

Basically I want the user to click a standard submit button on one of our
product pages to add items to the cart - I would prefer to send the
variables via POST.

The form is to be e-mailed (within our network) so I do not need any form
of payment gateways.

Thanks,

Alex