[thelist] mySQL/Forms - keeping line breaks

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Aug 25 01:50:59 CDT 2003

At 04:23 PM 8/24/2003, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

>I am not (actively) stripping the \n - unless its somehow taking
>place w/o me knowing it. I am dumping it into a textarea.

Try dumping the text to the browser with <pre> or <code> tags around it
(obviously view source will do the same thing via a vew mouse clicks and
see what is coming back from the DB. This will tell you if the breaks are
coming back.

> > If you've kept the line breaks and have a text area box, try using
> > "wrap" attribute.
>
>Which attribute? virtual | soft | hard..

I normally use hard.

Now that I've thought about this for 5 more seconds, you really should put
the wrap attribute into the Text Area - maybe the returns are not even
going into the DB in the first place.

---
Anthony Baratta
President