[thelist] mySQL/Forms - keeping line breaks

Nemesis nemesis at nemesis1.f2o.org
Mon Aug 25 10:41:58 CDT 2003

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> --- Anthony Baratta <Anthony at Baratta.com> wrote:
>

>>Are you stripping the \n before it goes into the DB? Are you
>>dumping the db data into a Text Area?
>

> I am not (actively) stripping the \n - unless its somehow taking
> place w/o me knowing it. I am dumping it into a textarea.

If your copying and pasting to the textarea you are creating one or a
few jumbled lines when submitting.
You have to explode() the string before it is put into the database.
http://www.php.net/explode
Or use phpmyadmin to input the data. It already has the explode() and
urldecode() functions built in.

--
The Nemesis Project
http://nemesis1.f2o.org