[thelist] Apache configuration on OSX

Egor Kloos studio at dutchcelt.nl
Tue Aug 26 13:23:03 CDT 2003

> I assume I can change this default chmod in the proper configuration
> file. Unfortunately I can't find it. The documentation talks about
> httpd.conf but this file seems to be absent from my OS X computer,
> Apple's Find doesn't find it.

/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
Apple won't show the file because it's hidden because you don't 'own'
it, as root you can, root owns everything. In fact you won't be able to
see the etc directory either because that's hidden too. BBEdit or even
Transmit can open hidden files for you without to much fuss. Well
that's how I do it, the terminal still gives me the creeps.
You can find transmit here http://www.panic.com/transmit/
BBEdit is my editor of choice:
http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/index.shtml

I know this plug looks an awful lot like spam, but there you have it.

hope it helps.

Egor Kloos
http://www.dutchcelt.nl/

--
De in dit emailbericht verstrekte informatie is vertrouwelijk en
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Het kopieren van of

it to the sender.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.