[thelist] "forms' in CSS

Egor Kloos studio at dutchcelt.nl
Tue Aug 26 14:00:15 CDT 2003

Bill Hughey wrote:
> Anyone have any pointers for replacing forms with CSS layout controls?
>  Example code is most welcome.

Sorry, you lost me there.
CSS doesn't contain any control functions like a button does. CSS can
add style to HTML markup for example but can't add any functionality to
it. Nor should it be able to.
You can 'control' the formating of forms object with CSS. Width,
height, background color of even font size. Each browser handels these
'widgets' differently and often need just that bit more attention when
applying a style to it. Opera, Mozilla and the sad old Internet Exporer
all handle these in their own way.
Usually I handle the styling of these objects at the end of a
production phase if I bother with them at all. Remember, users will use
familiar looking Form objects more readily that those that are heavily
styled, so apply with care.

If you can provide a little more information on what you really need I
would be happy to help you out with some example code.

Egor Kloos
http://www.dutchcelt.nl/

--
De in dit emailbericht verstrekte informatie is vertrouwelijk en
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Het kopieren van of

it to the sender.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.