[thelist] "forms' in CSS

MaKo shark at mako4css.com
Tue Aug 26 16:29:13 CDT 2003

> Anyone have any pointers for replacing forms with CSS layout controls?
Example code is most welcome.
> --

Bill,

I am not quite sure that I understand :)

If you mean: "How do I get form elements to look like I want, x-browser
etc..?" then perhaps http://www.mako4css.com/cssforms.htm could be of
help.

Should you mean: "How do I get form elements to stay exactly where I want
them?" then my advice is: a) invest a lot of time and hair for fiddling
around or b) use a table to get an unruly large form into the form you
want (I know that's cheating...)

Did you mean: "Are there CSS properties that replace HTML form elements?"
then I don't think there are any, because that contradicts the very nature
of CSS: the markup defines them, CSS presents them.

-- HTH,

MaKo

...just when you thought it was safe to go back into the wwwater...
http://www.mako4css.com/

"Bill Hughey" <billh at vioma.com> wrote in message
news:20030826191738.125651E40E6 at fuseware.com...