[thelist] {Spam?} OT: Osirusoft spam list dead

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Thu Aug 28 05:37:40 CDT 2003

Quoth "Ed McCarroll"

> AOL recently started rejecting email from one, but not all, of my
> addresses.  I wonder if this could be related...

If 'recently' goes back a week or more, no.  They HAVE tightened up
their rules to require "reverse DNS" and that is very likely to be
your problem.  If you try to look up the IP address of the server
that is actually sending mail for that account, and you don't get
back a name, you don't have "rDNS" and that makes it a poor choice
for a (mail)server as things currently stand.  HTH!