[thelist] Watching a domain name for expiry?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Aug 28 10:45:01 CDT 2003

At 06:12 AM 8/28/2003, Andy Warwick wrote:

>Wonder if anyone can recommend a service/piece of software to keep on eye
>on a domain that I'd like to register, is currently due for expiry, and
>currently doesn't go anywhere except one of those search engine holding pages.

Andy...

If you try this as a manual process you will fail. There are hundreds
(thousands?) of domain speculators using automated systems that will grab
the domain _literally_ the instant it is available. Trying to use the
system manually will only get you frustrated.

I've had a few people recommend: http://www.snapnames.com/

They have a good explanation of how a domain expires here:

         http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

There are other services like this, poke around and find one you like.

Good Luck.
---
Anthony Baratta
President