[thelist] Apache virtual Host Problem

Ali Almutawa aamutawa at batelco.com.bh
Thu Aug 28 17:28:32 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have managed to configure my apache httpd.conf file to show me the
default page on http://127.0.0.1 , as well manged to create a virtual
host called www.firsthost.com and its alias "first" which both work
fine. I have added another host which is called secondhost.com and its
alias "second", here where the problem appears. When going to
www.secondhost.com I got the index file of the www.firsthost.com, while
if I typed the alias name "second" it will show the coorect index file
for secondhost.com.

Would you pleae help me in sorting this problem ?

Below is the snapshots or the virtual host I have created, also the
output of the httpd -S command and the /etc/hosts files to do the
resolving for the site.

Thanks in advance,
Ali Almutawa

=============================
httpd.conf :

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerAdmin aamutawa at batelco.com.bh
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/firsthost.com
    ServerName firsthost.com
    ServerAlias first
    ErrorLog logs/fisrthost.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/firstlog.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
	ServerAdmin aamutawa at batelco.com.bh
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/secondhost.com
	ServerName secondhost.com
	ServerAlias second
	ErrorLog logs/secondhost.com-error_log
	CustomLog logs/secondhost.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

[root at rh7 root]# httpd -S
VirtualHost configuration:
127.0.0.1:80           is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server firsthost.com
(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:1206)
                       port 80 namevhost firsthost.com
(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:1206)
                       port 80 namevhost secondhost.com
(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:1215)

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1	rh7.aamutawa.com	localhost
127.0.0.1	www.firsthost.com first
127.0.0.1	www.secondhost.com second

Regards,
Ali Almutawa [ XCI4 ]
MCSE CCNA CCSA CCSE SCSA SCNA
STC Systems Management
Office : 00973 883474 Mobile : 00973 9688797
Fax : 00973 9103474