[thelist] ASP: Allow clients to upload images to server ???

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Fri Aug 29 11:21:04 CDT 2003

You need to have a file upload component installed on the server. Many Windows hosts offer one as part of their package (brinkster.com, for example). If you're running your own server, you'll have to install it yourself. If your host doesn't offer it, I think you're out of luck.

Once the component is installed, you put a form in your page with enctype="multipart/form-data", and then use <input type="file" /> to get the filename from the user. Then you write ASP code that uses the component to process the form input and save the file where you want it to go. Most of that is explained in the documentation for the component.

http://www.15seconds.com/focus/Upload.htm
http://www.google.com/search?q=asp+file+upload+component

--
Scott Schrantz