[thelist] Weird text-size behavior

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 20:42:31 CDT 2003

Hi all. I've looked everywhere but can only find hacks and tricks and
rules, but nothing that actually addresses or helps this problem I'm
having with font-size in Win IE6.

I have css that sets font-sizes using keywords. Actually, it's all
font-size:small.

Oh, and I also do not care if the font-size appears to be consistent
across browsers. The whole idea is to give control of the text size to
the users.

Now, here is the problem. The font size looks small enough, but if I
click on a link, or even if I just click on the document anywhere
really, the font size gets really big, about 14pt , and some of it
overlaps. (My browser is set at text size small).

How do I stop that weird behavior? I've never heard it described
anywhere, and it doesn't appear to be something that would respond to
css trickery. My intention is to try to explain it away as a browser
bug, but I'm not sure that that explanation is going to fly.