[thelist] IE 5.2 Mac is a Bug Ridden Crash Prone Piece of Junk

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 12:08:30 CDT 2003

I hereby officially reclassify Explorer 5.2 on Mac OS X as a Bug Ridden
Crash Prone Piece of Junk. Just now I discovered that this sorry excuse
misnamed a 'modern browser' crashes on

top.location.href = 'somepage.html';

when you execute this command in a frame (though not when you execute it in
the top frame).

Besides, every time I reload my new (as yet unpublished) site, it crashes,
too. It also crashes whenever it feels like it, for instance when I click on
a link that loads a new page in the content frame (without any JavaScript,
mind you!).

I just needed to vent my frustration. Thanks for listening, I feel much
better now.

<tip type="IE 5.2 Mac OS X">
Did you know IE 5.2 Mac OS X is a Bug Ridden Crash Prone Piece of Junk?
Please spread the word and help Mac fans get rid of this sorry excuse for a
browser.
Safari! Think Safari!
</tip>

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Browser Wars II: The Saga Continues
http://evolt.org/article/rdf/25/60181/