[thelist] IE 5.2 Mac is a Bug Ridden Crash Prone Piece of Junk

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:40:26 CDT 2003

>>when you execute this command in a frame (though not when you execute it
>>in the top frame).
>
>why are you using frames in the first place (ducks)

Because I like them. I'm also thinking about them on the theoretical level
and will write an article about a new way of looking at frames when the time
is ripe.

Besides, exactly *because* frames are out of fashion the IE 5.2 developer
teams seems to have forgotten to test them properly. I've found a couple of
other frame-related bugs in the past hours.

>I feel the same way about IE5 Mac. It was great when it came out first on
>the classic Mac OS because of its CSS/DOM support, but even then it was
>slow and was almost always the culprit when I had a system crash. Now in
>OSX it is slow, cranky, has no tabs, quits, hangs but that page holder
>feature is kind of cool, you know? I stuck HTML defs and CSS properties
>pages from W3C in there for a reference. I miss that.

Yes, those are my thoughts, too (though I've never heard of the page holder
before). The OSX port has always been bad, but this new batch of bugs is
really atrocious. I lost my respect for IE Mac (and its developers)
completely and utterly and will henceforth exclude it from any advanced
functionality.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Browser Wars II: The Saga Continues
http://evolt.org/article/rdf/25/60181/